Thursday, September 1, 2011

A month of postings!

September 1st:  The first post of thirty I am planning to write this month.  I don't have them all planned out, but I intend to write every day.  For several years now, I have heard of this thing called NaBloPoMo and have wanted to do it.  I am not waiting any longer, I'm doing it this month.  :-)

National
Blog
Posting
Month

It is utterly inconvenient to be doing this now, this month.  But, I honestly never seem to have a convenient time so I'm not waiting and I'm kinda nervous and excited and     and nervous again.  This will give me a chance to get in the habit of daily writing again, a habit I have greatly missed!

So, this month, here is what to expect from me.  A paragraph, a story, a photograph, a something every single day.  I'll write about all my usual things and expand a bit more when inspiration arises from either my own mind, or from the helpful writing prompts that NaBloPoMo does on a daily basis.  I hope you'll join me, either in cheering and commenting here, or by participating in the month on your own blog as well.

The theme for September is:  RETURN

I don't want to talk too much about the theme yet as I'm thinking of different ways to interpret it.  And, I don't want to overthink it, so we'll just leave it out there.

For today, we are prepping for the return of the school schedule.  We've been experimenting with lunch contents and before/during/after school activities for everyone.  


Right now, I'm finishing off a bit of Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake (we can pretend it's a morning bread thing... yea?) with some tasty mint tea in one of my favorite cups-- and I'm planning these last few days of summer with my boys at home before returning to that other hectic life schedule.  This moment, photographed above shows my little bit of calm before the day takes off.

Are you planning to post during NaBloPoMo?  Do you feel the need to RETURN to writing like I do?  I hope to see you again in this space.

-Hettie