Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My husband comes home from work the other day and announces that he's just had the most amazing pumpkin cookie and that I HAVE to make it! Uuuum, okay. Can I get some details please?

The recipe came from an old high-school couple/friends of ours that Rob works with. He was so anxious for this recipe, he actually called the wife of the co-worker/h.s. friend to ask for it personally rather than wait for me to call her. I made the cookies and they were *poof* gone in an afternoon! Since I am making another batch today, I thought I would share the recipe with you. If you make them, please let me know what you think. (Can be doubled)



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
· ½ cup soft butter
· 1 ¼ cups white sugar
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 1 egg
· 1 cup canned pumpkin
· 2 ½ cups flour
· 2 tsp. baking powder
· 1 tsp. baking soda
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. nutmeg
· 1 cup chocolate chips

Blend butter and sugar 'til light and fluffy.
Add eggs vanilla and pumpkin.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Beat flour mixture into butter mixture slowly.
Add chocolate chips.
Make generous teaspoon dropped cookies, 2 inches apart on ungreased sheets.
Bake at pre heated 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

Thank you Mary!!!