Friday, August 2, 2013

This week in photos

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's been a busy week in our family and my camera was a bit neglected.  But, I have a few photos from the house mostly where we've been planted this week.
Blackberry Cordial in the making... the recipe is from Lola Zabeth's beautiful site.

We spent a lot of time outdoors this week and I seem to have taken oodles of photos of my one big lavender plant.  We have four more coming up!  I have plans for these plants... Em and Ro love the scent so I've been collecting and drying little bits at a time.

One of six hummingbirds that we see on a regular basis.  I had the wrong lens on my camera, so I apologize for the ultra zoomed in blurryness.

Needing quiet time to meditate and think things through, I turn to embroidery.  Though I am still a beginning beginner, I find it relaxing to craft and clear my mind with a bit of thread.  This car is from Jenny Hart's book Sublime Stitching and was requested by Ro for his quilt.

Em and Ro love crafting with wood.  These are cut up paint stir sticks from Home Depot... do you know how many nifty crafts people are making with these?  I've been having fun on Pinterest looking at all the creative uses people have come up with for these simple pieces.  We started with the idea on RuffledBlog of making a table runner... but now we're not so sure.  Stay tuned!

Next week is the last full week of summer vacation for my boys, so I expect you'll see more beach photos and maybe a back-to-school craft or two.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
-Hettie