Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transforming fruit and veggies

Aaah, end-of-school-year insanity!  I'm sorry I have not been around much as both Em and Ro are nearly done with school.  I've been working on teacher appreciation gifties, prepping summer activities and having fun in the kitchen both with and without the boys.  I promise to be back soon, but I wanted to post two quick pics of food transformations going on at our house this weekend.

Pickles... can't have too many of them.  The fast recipe is here on CelticMommy. In this big batch, I added extra peppercorns and extra fresh garlic and onions.  I can't wait to taste them!!

Fruit Leather.  Last weekend, we took Em and Ro to a local farm and bought a flat of strawberries.  Even with our berry-loving consumption, we had some left, so I followed this recipe (only slightly modified) from Simply Recipes to make a batch of strawberry fruit leather.  My kitchen smells just heavenly right now and I think these are going to be another fun homemade goodie we'll make again and again.


The last quick thing I wanted to bring up is that CelticMommy now has a Facebook page.  I have been posting extra pictures, tidbits, fun crafts and other things over there... if you'd like to see a bit of that fun, please head on over and LIKE it.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!
Hettie