Monday, June 13, 2011

Dirt under my fingernails

I've spent the last 10 minutes attempting to get the dirt out from under my fingernails and I think I am giving up for now... but that's okay.  For the past hour, Ro and I have been in our wee garden spreading some TLC and thinking about things.

Weighing Options:  What am I going to do with this many grape tomatoes!?
Wondering:  How did that lone carrot survive?  And, in the middle of the blackberry bushes at that!
Watering:  Our little onions and garlic are not so little anymore... my hubby planted such nice rows that I feel bad harvesting.  But not bad enough not to harvest!
Watching, Waiting, Mouth Watering:  Ahhh, the blackberry crop is looking quite nice we think.  Quite nice indeed.


Our garden is not big at all, but it brings great smiles and satisfaction to our family.  So, the remnants of dirt under my fingernails will stay there for now as a reminder throughout the day of time spent bringing smiles to our family.

Happy Monday!
Hettie