Thursday, January 27, 2011

Have yarn-- Will crochet

He holds the skeins of yarn in his hands gently... looking at the beautiful blues with a little grin on his face.  He knows these skeins are earmarked for him and this fact excites him... he keeps jumping up and down with them as if they were a new set of Hot Wheels cars.

I plug in my yarn parameters and project preferences on Ravelry and let him sit down at the desk to begin the selection process.  This wee one who rarely uses a computer happily looks through several patterns ... he goes back and forth with little comments about buttons and zippers and pockets and hoods.  Many minutes go by.  Many questions are asked and answered.  Finally, he points:


"This one Mamma... make me this one, can you?  Please?  I like it the BEST!"  Ro declares with a chortle and a sweet babyface grin.

And so begins my very first sweater!  I'll be using Spud & ChloĆ« Sweater in Lake and Malabrigo Rios in Azules.  You can see a bit of it just off to the right in the above photo.  The pattern looks like it should be pretty straightforward - The Just Right Sweater.  I'm off to finish dinner and wind some yarn.  :-)