Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Zucchini Bread, Sauteed Zucchini...

This morning's zucchini harvest! In between refereeing two rambunctious boys and feeding them breakfast and lunch, I've been researching zucchini breads, muffins, side dishes, soups, etc. to prepare for the continual flow of this green veggie into my kitchen. As I try the recipes, I'll review them and post a few non-copyrighted ones.

Today's recipes:
From Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros, Zucchini Bread
This recipe had me at the first line! "You can't really tell that there is a vegetable in here." Perfect for kids who love bread but are not always convinced easily to try new green veggies.
From Vegetables by James Peterson, Sauteed Zucchini with Garlic & Parsley
An easy and relatively quick recipe that will go perfectly with our main course tonight.


Later in the week when a few more zukes are ready, we'll try:
Bagley House Zucchini Lemon Muffins
Alice Waters' Pasta with Zucchini, Walnuts and Pesto I mean really... how can you go wrong with a recipe that includes pasta?!

What are your favorite zucchini, or summer squash recipes?
Pics from Sequoia coming later this week!