Friday, September 7, 2007

A favorite book

I received the book "You are my I Love You" by Maryann Cusimano (and beautifully illustrated by Satomi Ichikawa) as a baby shower gift for my first munchkin. It is a soothing, loving, wonderful book about a baby bear and dad (but it could be a mom too!) that starts out "I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; you are my wild."

And it continues throughout their day all the way past a dry towel and a wet bath... to the ending of... "I am your good-night kiss; you are my I love you."

I have read this book with my eldest over 300 times and now with my youngest over 100 times and I never get tired of it! Maybe it is that I really feel the love and emotion in the words of this book... maybe it is that I feel the love for my child... I don't know. But I thought I'd share it with you all.

What books do you or your munchkins love to read over and over again? Please share with me!