Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finished & Continuing Projects

My sweet neighbor had her 2nd baby six weeks early and I was not done with the baby's blanket that I intended to give her... aack! But his 100th day celebration (a Korean tradition) is coming soon and I cannot wait for her to see the blankie.

It is a single crocheted blanket, 2 1/2 feet wide and 3 1/2 feet long. I finished the edges with two wrap-around rows of single crochet to give it a little border.

I kept a journal of my thoughts and memories of when and where I worked on it to go along with it as a gift for her... so she will know it began in January at my in-laws... just when she found out she was having a boy. And it was completed shortly after Michael was born while I was sitting with my boys in the back yard. I hope she knows how much fun and love I put into it for her and for her sweet wee one.

Here's a pic of Michael at 6 weeks (so around when he would have been born) old. The hands he is holding belong to his 4'10" grandma to give you an idea of size. He is a super healthy and chubby swetheart now who loves to just lay on your chest for hours-- I love holding him!







The second yarn project I have been working on are these cotton washcloths for a bridal shower. They are half double crocheted, back loop stitched with a single crochet border at the top and bottom. 2 down, 6 to go! The next two will be double crocheted in a linen green color.