Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A beachy day

Point Dume State Beach is right next to Zuma Beach and much less crowded for I don't know what reason.
 A cloudy morning meant the beach was mostly ours.  Squawking seagulls waited for me to leave my blanket so they could try to forage in my bag for goodies, but I kept everything out of sight so their visit was quick.
I crocheted the morning away while Em and Ro ran back and forth from me to the water.  A sip of water here, a munching of popcorn there, and all was calm with the day.
I love that the boys had moments to talk and laugh to themselves.  Judging by the frequent laughter, they were joking about something very silly.  As they get older, I hope these moments continue to happen and that their brotherly relationship grows stronger.
As the snacks ran out in the early afternoon, the clouds left and the heat turned up.  The running back and forth turned to walking  s  l  o  w  l  y, so I knew it was time to head back through the canyon to shake off the sand and plan for another day of fun.

Beachy days are the best.