Monday, August 16, 2010

Crafting for the holidays

Please don't shoot me or send mental hate darts my way when reading the title... I've actually been holiday crafting for the past month or so whenever I have a spare moment.  I usually don't post completed items so that my family members are surprised, but I'm quite chuffed with this project.

Pattern and Yarn Info:  This is a free pattern called the Elise Shawl by Evan Plevinski.  The yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the Lichen colorway.  Can you say yummy?  I LOVE this yarn!

Elise Shawl Progress

Since I have set the ambitious goal of (current known queued items) 2 sweaters, 2 afghans, 2 shawls, wee sewn project bags, 2 hat/cowl sets and some handmade stamps and necklaces, I have to keep up the pace!  Handmade holidays are a labor of love and completely worth it for me personally.

Is anyone else crafting yet?