Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crafting and Crocheting

I know I haven't been posting much, but a lot of blogs are in the works and nearly done! The end of the school year and preparations for summer activities have kept the CelticMommy family rather busy!

First, I bring you a few quick photos and, tomorrow morning, a recipe for some tasty turkey meatloaf. But tonight, pretty pictures! The boys have been having fun crafting. I swear, customizing shirts with freezer paper stencils never gets old! Here are Em and Ro's latest creations. This summer, we plan to cover a few other shirts with fabric cut-outs. I'll make a quick tutorial for that soon.
On the crocheting front, I've finished a bunch of hats and mitts for Stitches from the Heart.

Combined with my fellow knitters and crocheters, these items are being taken to Stitches in Santa Monica on Thursday and will hopefully adorn a preemie or newborn child's head soon after! There are oodles of free knitted and crocheted patterns out there if you would like to donate some stitches from your heart.
Last photo of the day is a new bathmat for Em and Ro's bathroom. I used the crumpled griddle stitch pattern for the center from The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches and a simple SC border. By crocheting with two strands of cotton, the bathmat went super quick and it is plush enough to soak up the water. Oh, and it's machine washable! BONUS!

Tomorrow's blog with be about turkey meatloaf. Yummy! 'Nite all!