Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crocheting and the Coming Week

So... I've got half an arms-length list of projects I would like to complete for the upcoming holidays... and by upcoming, I mean December! Hats, Scarves, Sweaters, Afghans, Washcloths, etc... Of course, I had to stick something quick and cute in there for myself.

Enter the traveling Bi-Valves cowl. I found this pretty (and free) pattern by Jonquil Mom via Ravelry. It takes about 3/4 of a skein of yarn and just a few hours of time. My version shown just above is made with Malabrigo Worsted in Lettuce. Living in the hot hot hot land known as Los Angeles, I will not be able to wear this super-soft cowl as much as I would like, but still... a gal needs to take care of herself as well as her family, right?
This week plans to be pretty busy now that Ro is over his virus and raring to go. A trip to The Getty with NaNa followed by Family Cultural Earth Day this coming weekend. And, I am excited to say that the "X marks the washcloth" pattern should be up and available this week as well!
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful summer!