Monday, May 18, 2009

Crocheted rug

With yesterday's post about water and backyard adventures, I've had to deal with cleaning the floors more than usual from drippy, watery and muddy feet ... how lovely to come up with a quick solution right from my own yarn stash!

I bought these awesome gigantic skeins of Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn for a steal last November and have been crocheting washcloths and hyperbolic workcloths and such from them for, pretty much EVERYONE I know. Since the yarn is super absorbent and machine-washable, I figured it would also be perfect for a rug. It's pretty big-- about 45 inches wide, and will be about 36 inches high... perfectly sized for the back slider. Once done, I'll put a piece of non-slip backing underneath and I'll be set!

Pattern:
With two strands Pistachio colorway, chain 115

SC 10 rows
Change 1 green to cream color, SC 3 rows
Change last green to cream color, SC 5 rows
Change both strands back to green color, HDC 10 rows
Change 1 to cream, HDC 5 rows
Change last green to cream, HDC 7 rows
Change both strands back to green, HDC 10 rows
Change 1 green to cream color, HDC 8 rows
Change last green to cream, SC 10 rows
Change both strands back to green color, SC 8 rows

Weave in all ends and wash/dry. I put two pieces of leftover anti-slip-mat underneath so it won’t move.
I single crocheted the top and bottom edges to give it a bit more weight with the taller HDC in the center so that dirt will fall through rather than set in.