Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A pretty new purse for me!

I was looking online for a fun, fast & free pattern for a purse and came across this tutorial from Tiny Happy. Perfect! I had these great scrap pieces of Alexander Henry fabric left over from gifts last year that were just the right size.

I added 2 extra inches of depth to the purse since I would be using it as a purse/diaper bag and made my pockets the right size for my phone and take-along camera. The only other thing I did differently than Tiny Happy's directions was to sew the pocket in before sewing the second seam (steps 4-6) of the lining so that I had better control of the stitching.


I love it! The whole bag was done in about 2 hours (including trips to the bathroom and queries for snacks from my boys)!
If you're looking for a quick addition to your purse wardrobe, be sure to check this one out.
Happy Sewing Everyone!